Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday, November 19, 2008


Is it too early to decorate for Christmas?  I know that Thanksgiving is next week but I have the great urge to start decorating for Christmas if you didn't know Christmas is my favorite holiday!  It's not about presents but about the atmosphere and being around family, Christmas music, food, games and memories.  I have such fond memories of childhood Christmas' when the entire family would get together.  I tell you those were the days now it seems Christmas is so commercialized but I hope for the sake of my daughter and the true meaning of Christmas that we are creating some great Christmas memories for her.

What was/is your favorite Christmas memory?


2 comments:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about the chandie. When I figure out what to do with it, I will certainly include it in a post.

Christmas is my favorite holiday as well. Since the year I was born, I received ornaments every year from my parents, grandparents, aunts, etc. It is a family tradition. At the new millennium, I found some "time capsule" ornaments and gave one to each of my immediate family members. Inside, they contained a list of questions about memories, dreams, goals, etc. We filled them out and shared what we wrote with everyone. Some day, I want to have everyone open the time capsules and see what memories/goals we captured at the new millennium.

Amy

The Little Miss said...

i love to decorate for christmas!!! its the best holiday! I dont think you are too early! :)