Monday, May 11, 2009

Hello, Hello

Received this card and present from the Princess for Mother's Day.  


I can tell you that the best presents are those that your children make you with their two little hands.  I absolutely love this heart the Princess made for me.  The Princess informed me that not only did she incorporate my favorite colors (pink/green) she included hers, blue. I love it!!!!

This is a something Princess made in preschool it's a bee hive but I have yet to find out why they made a bee hive.  Princess had no reason other than it was really fun and if we can make one at home.  So needless to say we will be making one of these this week or something similar in construction. 




My M.I.L's sent me a Borders gift card and I was able to purchase most of the above with it...whoooo hooo. I have been waiting for a while now for Jen Lancaster's new book "Pretty in Plaid" so I am in the process of devouring it now!  I also bought "Bend-The-Rules_Sewing, considering my Hubby purchased a new sewing machine for me, I'm so excited!!!! I know nothing about sewing so I know this book will come in handy.  I seem to be all over the place. I love mixed media, painting, scrapbooking, embroidery (need to learn), photography, and now sewing. I'm trying to find out something to make that I can incorporate everything together in one piece of art.  I'll let you know what I come up with!

I also purchase the "Where Woman Create" I now I did a blog entry about this but I think I was thinking about it when I wrote the blog post because I just bought it.  I don't know what I was thinking during that post!  I love it although I do find it funny to some of them fully decked out in their studio's I know that I'm normally in old shorts, shirt and minimal makeup with my hair up.  But oh well your studio is in a magazine might as well look your best, LOL!!  It really is a great magazine. I saw some of my favorites featured in the magazine as well as other's I never heard of. I was shocked (sort of) to learn about Marie Osmond's creative side. So it was interesting reading.

How did you celebrate Mother's Day?  I made spaghetti and salad and had family come over. It was quite but really nice because I spent time with the Princess in the pool.  Hope you had a great day!

No comments: