Monday, April 20, 2009

80"s

Sixteen Candles [VHS]Pretty in Pink [VHS]Breakfast Club [VHS]These three movies were the epitome of the 80's if you were a teenager and I had the pleasure of viewing all three of these at the movie theater.  Yes, I know I'm dating myself but who cares!!   I still love these movies and my daughter has seen a couple of these, well perhaps as back round music while she's been playing but that counts for something right?!    Gosh, I kind of miss those days.....Hey, I did say kinda!    Ahhhhh, youth!

Anyway, I have been reading up a storm lately and right now I'm in the process of reading Jen Lancaster's books.  I read "Such a Pretty Fat" and now I'm reading "Bitter is the New Black".  I love these books and Jen is a great writer but be sure to read these in order (I should have read "Bitter is the New Black first) well you don't have to but I have found that it makes things easier.  Jen is around my age so when she makes reference to things in the 80's I can relate which brings me to this post.  After reading (and currently reading) her books  I have begun to reflect on my youth.     I loved the 80's!!!  Sigh......... Things were so much easier per say...things were so different, clothes, food, hair, and music.  I love, love 80's music...yes even without real instruments!!  At least there wasn't any foul language and the songs made sense....didn't they?

Let me know what were you doing in the 80's?    Enjoy my playlist!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, in the 80's I was raising teenagers. My daughter graduated in 89's. I loved the 80's. I loved the styles & the hairstyles. In my opinion that was the last of the really feminine way women dressed. Young men dress really nice too. Not like the baggy goofus' stuff they wear now!! But of course, this is just my humble opinion!! LOL!!
Great Post!!
Marilyn
xxoo