Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trying new things

Ok, I took sewing in junior high and made an apron, which I don't think turned out too bad.  So I have dappled in scrapbooking, alter art, painting, mixed media, and photography.  

So now I have seen so many great quilts and what people can do with a sewing machine.  So last month I dusted off my Toyota sewing machine and tried it out only to find out something was broken.  O.k. someone tell me how something can break when I haven't used it since what....2002.  Hello....am I missing something here!!   So I now plan on purchasing a new sewing machine.  I think I may have found one at Target, one of my favorite stores.  But I need some feed back.  I know that some of you readers sew so I would greatly 
appreciate your opinion on this sewing machine. Or perhaps you can recommend something in the same price range.


Product Image

Brother 25-Stitch Sewing Machine

$79.99

Hope your all having a wonderful weekend!


 

2 comments:

Cherrie said...

I have been told Brother is a very good brand. I have one that is 30+ years old. It still worked the last time I used it, but I have to be honest it's been about 5 years since I have used it.
Good Luck!
Cherrie

Suzie said...

Try Cosco! I bought my singer at Cosco and I paid about $100.00.
It's a great sewing machine!!
I made my first slip cover with it!
Good luck!
Suzie